Ghana Wedding Jewelries
by Chinazor Ikedimma on Nov 05, 2023
Weddings in Ghana are steeped in cultural symbolism and customs, and traditional jewelry forms a big part of the festivities. You can find these jewels on our website under the accessories section . The following jewelry accessories are frequently seen in traditional Ghanaian weddings:
1. Bead Necklaces: Traditionally used in wedding rituals, beads play a significant role in Ghanaian culture. The bride may choose from an assortment of beaded necklaces in various hues and designs. Usually composed of glass, these beads are available in a variety of sizes and shapes.
2. Waist Beads: Bead strings wrapped around the waist are known as waist beads. They are thought to represent fertility, sensuality, and femininity. The bride's bridal gown may include waist beads in certain parts of Ghana.
3. Coral Beads: Coral beads are highly prized in Ghanaian culture and are often associated with royalty and wealth. Brides may wear coral bead necklaces and bracelets to signify their royal status.
4. Gold Jewelry: Gold is a symbol of wealth and prestige in Ghana. Brides often wear a variety of gold jewelry, including gold necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. Gold jewelry can be designed with traditional motifs and symbols.
5. Adinkra Jewelry: Adinkra symbols hold cultural and spiritual significance in Ghana. Brides may wear jewelry that features Adinkra symbols, such as pendants or bracelets, to convey specific meanings associated with these symbols.
6. Kente Cloth Accessories: Brides may accessorize their wedding attire with Kente cloth headbands, scarves, and sashes. These accessories often match the groom's Kente attire.
7. Silver and Brass Jewelry: In some regions of Ghana, brides may wear silver or brass jewelry with intricate designs. This can include necklaces, earrings, and bracelets.
8. Beaded Earrings and Bracelets: Brides may also wear beaded earrings and bracelets in various colors and patterns to complement their overall look.
9. Ankle Bracelets: Some brides choose to wear ankle bracelets as part of their traditional wedding attire. These can be made of beads, shells, or metal.
10. Traditional Hair Accessories: Brides may adorn their hair with traditional accessories like combs, pins, and other decorative items that match the overall theme of the wedding.
11. Rings: Traditional engagement and wedding rings are also part of Ghanaian weddings, signifying the commitment between the couple.
To look exceptionally good on your wedding day, purchase your kente fabrics and accessories from marrying Ghana Kente luxury collections.