How to care for Asooke Agbada
by Chinazor Ikedimma on Oct 05, 2023
Taking care of your Asooke Agbada is essential to ensure its longevity and maintain its vibrant appearance. Asooke which is used to make Agbada is a traditional Nigerian woven fabric, and proper care will help preserve its quality. Here are some steps to follow:
1. Dry Cleaning: Asooke Agbada should be dry cleaned to avoid damaging the delicate fabric. Look for a reputable dry cleaner experienced in handling traditional African textiles.
2. Avoid Sunlight: Do not expose your Asooke Agbada to direct sunlight for extended periods. Sunlight can cause the colors to fade over time.
3. Store Properly: When not in use, store your Asooke Agbada in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid folding it for extended periods, as this can lead to creases and permanent damage to the fabric. Consider hanging it in a garment bag.
4. Protect from Moths: Use moth repellents or cedar blocks to protect your Asooke Agbada from damage caused by moths or other pests.
5. Handle with Care: When wearing your Asooke Agbada, be mindful of how you handle it. Avoid sharp objects or jewelry that can snag the fabric.
6. Spot Cleaning: If you notice a small stain, try spot cleaning it with a mild detergent and a soft cloth. Be gentle and avoid rubbing vigorously, as this can damage the fabric.
7. Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Do not use harsh chemicals, bleach, or strong detergents when cleaning your Asooke Agbada, as they can damage the colors and the fabric.
8. Professional Restoration: If your Asooke Agbada becomes damaged or starts to show signs of wear and tear, consider taking it to a professional textile restorer who specializes in traditional fabrics.
9. Buy Original Asooke Agbada: No matter how much you try to take care of your fabric, if the quality is compromised, it won’t last long, that is why you should buy from Our luxurious Agbada collection.